At Sakara it is our mission to put as many people as possible in the driver's seat of their own health. Therefore, it is essential that Sakara become a truly inclusive space. Like many brands in the wellness industry, we still have a lot of work to do. However, we are committed to putting forth the effort and making the necessary changes for Sakara to become an inclusive and welcoming space for all.
Growth in Progress:
1. Diversifying Our Team: The best way to get more voices heard is by opening more seats at our table. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Task Force is dedicated to creating a diverse team from our leadership and advisors to our HQ, kitchen and delivery teams. This is an ongoing process of the utmost priority.
2. Changing the Way We Market: We recognize that we have a voice in an industry where others do not; an industry that is predominantly white and desperately in need of inclusion and diversity. We are working to play an active role in changing that as you will continue to see in the people we highlight on our marketing channels, advertising, partners and beyond. We are working on amplifying diverse voices in a substantive way and will have more to share soon!
3. Evaluating Partners and Vendors: We are conducting a thorough audit of our existing business partners and vendors to ensure that we only work with those who align with our values. We are also taking steps to diversify our supply chain and are committed to working with more diverse farmers and purveyors. It's clear to us that these are actions we should have been taking all along, and we are committed fully to this effort.
4. Team Education and Training: We believe all growth begins with education. The entire Sakara team participates in ongoing diversity, equity and inclusion training and education to ensure we are always acting with as much understanding, respect, empathy and openness as possible.
5. Expanding our Culinary Inspiration: One of our favorite ways to learn about a different cultural is through a universal love of food. We are constantly inspired by the foods of communities around the world and are committed to highlighting the people and places responsible for our most beloved meals. Stay tuned for more information about our Chef Series coming soon.
We want this to be an open conversation as we hold ourselves to a higher standard and continuously evolve. We encourage you to email email@example.com with recommendations as to how we can make Sakara a safe space for you.